Downton Abbey: The Complete Scripts S2. S2E2scene4. The first cap is Matthew’s reaction when Mary says she has come to see him. The last cap is out of order, but I liked wrapping this up with Matthew’s puzzled look; he senses that Mary had another agenda but he really can’t imagine that she came to say she loves him. Mary holds it together as she has to talk to Matthew, having just decided that she will never have him, the love of her life. Brilliant work Michelle!
Matthew and Mary | Say Something
"If you really like an argument…"
"…we should see more of each other."
And see more of each other they did, through war and peace, and tragedy and bliss, from fingers sliding akwardly away from the other’s, to hands joining naturally, and it all came back together in full circle, as we were told one of the most engaging, epic love stories ever seen on television.
Isn’t that reason enough to celebrate?
So this is what this MM Celebration day, March 29, is about. A day to celebrate this incredible couple, and to share all sort of things about them.
♦ So, how does it work?
You have a little less than a month to create whatever you like in order to celebrate MM as a couple and as a family (which can include George if you like! I really, really do) during that day. Start thinking now and let your immagination run!
Posting will happen all throughout Saturday, 29th March. No matter your timezone, as soon as midnight strikes and the day changes to 29, you can start posting :)
♥ That’s splendid, but what can I post?
As I said, whatever you like, but here’s a list of some of the things that come to mind:
- Drabbles and ficlets written for this specific day
- An update of your on going fanfiction
- Themed gifsets and photosets
- Gifsets, photosets, screencaps about one specific scene
- Your favourite MM quotes
- A playlist of the songs that always remind you of MM
- A poem, a piece of writing other than DA that reminds you of MM
- A fan video
- A list/recs of your favourite fanvideos
- Recs of your favourite fics
- You can also create a photoset (even with images from google) for a scene of your favourite fanfic, and quote the fanfic, with the link to the original work
- Whatever else you like!!
♣There are rules I have to keep in mind?
Yes, only two.
- Tag all your posts with MM Celebration Day so it’ll be easy to track them down. I also recommend to use the tags for the characters, the couple, and the show (“Mary Crawley”, “Matthew Crawley”, “George Crawley”, “Mary x Matthew”, “Matthew x Mary”, “Downton Abbey”). Remember that Tumblr only tracks the first five tags in the general research, so put always the celebration day tag first.
- If you quote, recommend, post something (like a video. Graphic art must be reblogged, never reposted) that’s not yours but created by others, always include a link to the source.
♠ Anything else I need to know?
No, you’re good!
As I final note, I highly encourage writers to post their stories on fanfiction.net too, so that people can review there if they like (and I encourage that too, as feedback is alway, always great).
As always, if you have questions, contact me and I’ll be glad to answer them. Any answer/reminder of the event will be tagged with the “MM Celebration Day” tag.
Now, dear MM shippers, it’s up to you! Spread the word and enjoy the MM love :)
A long, soft kiss can be just as sexy and emotional as an all-consuming make out session. And we love Mary and Matthew so much that seeing them smooch gives us butterflies in our stomachs.
everyone knows that.
"Well, aren’t we the lucky ones!"
Downton Abbey: Mary and Matthew Crawley
Season 4 Ep. 6 & Season 2 Christmas Special
A Valentine’s Day Special Edit: A gifset of my favorite scene in S4 of Downton
“When you laugh with me, or flirt with me, is that a duty? Are you conforming to the fitness of things? Doing what’s expected?”